Bwin has developed a new costumer-first strategy with a 5Ps plan to ensure that everyone plays with complete control, while maintaining the excitement of the game at high levels.
Millions of customers around the world bet with Bwin every year — they like the excitement of having a small flutter and the thrill of winning. Betting and gaming are an enjoyable, sociable and memorable way to spend time; that’s why it continues to be so popular. However, unfortunately, for a small percentage of people, gambling ceases to be entertainment and can cause personal, social, financial and even health problems.
It is our responsibility to help our customers gamble safely and responsibly, and reduce the risk of harm and help people who need treatment to get it. We, also, have to help those people to find the treatment they seek. This is why we have developed a new, safer gambling strategy, ‘Responsible Gambling’. The guiding principle of our safer gambling campaign is to be the most trusted and enjoyable betting operator in the world. We are putting customers at the heart of our business by ensuring they are protected from harm while enjoying their regular flutter.
Responsible Gambling – Our Group Policy, based around 7 pillars:
- Understanding the problem and best solutions – we have announced a five year, multi-million dollar project with the Division on Addiction, Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital.
- Educating our key stakeholders – including the national rollout of youth education programmes with gambling charities as well as state-school awareness campaigns.
- Promoting responsible attitudes – leading the industry in agreeing responsible marketing campaigns.
- Empowering customers – rolling out ‘markers of harm’ algorithms and additional safer gambling mechanisms for early detection and prevention of problem gambling.
- Funding treatment for those in need – increasing our donation to research, education and treatment on problem gambling tenfold, from 0.1% to 1% of gross gaming revenue (GGR).
- Championing responsible product design – developing more responsible product design principles.
- Drive cultural change within our business – ensuring that a safer gambling approach underpins all aspects of our business.
Bwin offers all its customers various tools, like daily, weekly and/or monthly deposit, loss and session limits tools, as well as other options, so they can be able to play responsibly. Every costumer has the option to take a temporary break from gaming at any time or even choose to exclude himself indefinitely.
At the same time, bwin ensures that persons under the age of 21 are excluded from gambling by running identification checks which can require copies of various documents and meets the highest security standards in the industry, with a five-level security system, multiple firewalls, and 256-bit SSL encryption to protect every costumer’s account. Early-warning systems in the form of limits on unusually high stakes and winnings prevent manipulation and other criminal activities at an early stage.
We, at bwin, believe that fun should go side by side with responsibility. That’s what makes us true supporters of responsible gaming.